New Year, New Home
The idea of buying and moving into your new home in the New Year may seem impossible, but it need not be so. With some careful planning, you can make your dream come true and live in your dream home this new year!
Know the Prices
Search online to find out property prices in the neighbourhood you want to move to.
Properties that were left unsold during summer could be available for sale during the Holiday season. The respective property owners and real estate agents would be keen to move things quickly, which means you stand a good chance for deals.
As your property management company in Newcastle, we can provide expert insight into the North East real estate market.
Prepare in Advance
If you are planning to move into your new home in the New Year, then it is important to make arrangements in advance.
Real estate agents, solicitors and surveyors usually go on a long leave during the festive season. So they will be keen to complete their projects at the earliest.
The seller must be ready to sell the property immediately with all the essential paperwork in place. As the buyer, you must be ready with all the financing. You and the seller must also come to an agreement regarding the date for closing the deal.
Do not Miss Opportunities for Negotiations
The festive season is a good time for attractive property deals. Owners with unsold properties rarely expect any sale until January. So, any proposal during the festive season is sure to cheer them up. They are also likely to be open for negotiations.
For some sellers, the sale might be compulsory due to reasons such as divorce, death or debt, in which case, they might be open for a reasonable deal.
Tips to Make Moving into your New Home in the New Year Easier and Smoother
- Get a cost estimate for moving in the New Year. While several removal companies may be closed for the season, no-obligation quote requests are usually available 24/7.
- Have potential removal companies inspect your home. Take the opportunity to ask for customer references so you can get some direct feedback. Find out how the company handles packing in general and packing fragile items in particular.
- Ask for accreditations such as membership with the National Guild of Storers and Removers (NGRS) or the British Association of Removers (BAR). Verify if their membership is valid by visiting the association websites.
- Check for the company’s insurance. Read the details to know about the losses the insurance covers.
- Notify the utility companies in advance to disconnect the services at your old home so you don’t end up paying for them even after moving into your new home.
Bowson Estates Can Help
We are recognised letting agents in Newcastle and an active member of the Property Ombudsman, Safe Agent, National Approved Lettings Scheme and Deposit protection service.
Get in touch with us today for an appointment. Call 0191 212 8100 now.
Are you looking to sell/rent your property?
Or do you simply require more information?
Get in touch today
You’re in Safe Hands